General Event Information
- The World Aquatics Championships Doha 2024 will take place in Qatar from 2 February to 18 February 2024. A total of 75 medal events in 6 water sports, including Swimming, Water Polo, Diving, Artistic Swimming, Open Water Swimming and High Diving will be held over 17 days in three venues. The World Aquatics Championships Doha 2024 will be the first World championships in the Middle East.
- A total of 2,500 athletes set out on the journey of World Aquatics Championships, but only the best ones will lift the trophy. To keep up to date with the latest information on the athletes/teams that have qualified, please check regularly our official website.
- The championship schedule is the calendar according to which all sports of the World Aquatics Championships Doha 2024 will take place. Please note that the championship schedule may be modified from time to time, in which case the information will be updated on www.worldaquatics-doha2024.com.
- This regulation applies to the purchaser of electronic tickets (E-tickets) issued by the Organising Committee of the World Aquatics Championships Doha 2024 (hereinafter referred to as the "Organising Committee") and to the attendees of events using such tickets In purchasing tickets or using various ticket-related services (hereinafter collectively referred to as "Services"), such purchaser shall comply with this regulation, as well as the terms and conditions of use set out by the official ticketing service providers to whom the Organising Committee entrusts the sale of tickets.
- All Intellectual property rights related to the World Aquatics Championships Doha 2024 (“Event”) including, but not limited to, text, graphics, data, photographic images, moving images, sound, illustrations, software, and the selection and arrangement thereof ("World Aquatics rights”), is owned by World Aquatics with its registered office at Chemin de Bellevue 24a/24b, CH - 1005 Lausanne, Switzerland ("World Aquatics"), its licensors, or its third-party image partners and all rights are reserved. All commercial elements of the Event, including World Aquatics Rights, are protected by copyright, trade dress, moral rights, trademark, and other laws relating to the protection of intellectual property.
- Ticket agency shall, to the extent within its reasonable power, make good faith efforts to take such reasonable measures as are necessary to protect the World Aquatics rights granted to Company. In particular, the ticket agency shall use its best endeavours to prevent ambush marketing. If a circumstance arises outside the ticket agency's reasonable control that infringes World Aquatics' rights, representatives of the ticket agency and World Aquatics shall meet and confer to discuss a possible course of action.
Health and Safety measures
The World Aquatics Championships - Doha 2024 organizers are committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for all athletes, spectators, and staff. COVID-19 safety measures will be in place and will be communicated to all stakeholders in advance of the event.
*Payments are accepted only through credit cards shown on the Official Ticketing portal.
*Tickets can be cancelled or refunded after purchase with terms and conditions applied.
*Seating positions are allocated randomly for reserved seats.
*Sessions’ scheduled time is subject to change.
*All ticket prices are in Qatari riyals
- A limit is set to the number of tickets that can be purchased for each seat type. Each customer can purchase up to 10 tickets per session. In case more tickets are required, please write your inquiry to [email protected] email with personal details and information on additional number of tickets required. To allow as many people as possible to attend the events, the Organising Committee reserves the right to change the maximum number of times tickets can be applied for, and/or the maximum number of tickets that can be applied for.
- One ticket is required per person to attend each session. For children under 12 years old, one child per parent or guardian may attend any qualification session without a ticket. For the Opening Ceremony session and Swimming finals sessions tickets for children under 12 are available with 50% discount. If a child requires a seat, a ticket is necessary regardless of the child’s age. (”Session" is a sporting or cultural event during a specified time frame for which tickets are issued, and may include award ceremonies and other ceremonies)
- The Organising Committee shall assign the ticket purchaser a number of seats within the purchased Category to attend the event according to the type of ticket purchased. Ticket purchasers may not request a change in their assigned space. However, the Organising Committee may, at its discretion, change chosen seat or space to other seat or space at an equivalent or superior location at any venue or event, if deemed necessary for the operation of the Championships, for purposes such as venue set-up or securing safety.
- Customers with accessibility should follow the regular procedure through the Official Ticketing portal in order to purchase their ticket(s).
- Wheelchair users are requested to purchase Wheelchair User tickets. During qualification sessions, any person accompanying a wheelchair user can get a free companion ticket for the purpose of accompanying a wheelchair user. During the Opening Ceremony session and Swimming finals sessions, 50% discount applies for the companion tickets. Wheelchair users are requested to show their Proof of Eligibility document (a Medical Certificate) upon entering the venue, otherwise they may not be allowed to the event. To purchase wheelchair user tickets, please follow the regular process of purchasing tickets through the Official Ticketing portal available here.
- Minors purchasing tickets must obtain the consent of a legal representative such as a parent or guardian.
- The Organising Committee shall not be responsible for tickets purchased from parties other than the Official Ticketing portal, with different design and format, and may void such tickets without refund, and demand that the holders return such tickets. Official Ticketing portal is the sole source to purchase ticket(s) for the event.
- The Organising Committee shall, at its discretion, determine the total number of tickets to be sold and/or the cancellation or resumption of ticket sales. In the event of the total number of tickets being increased or decreased, or ticket sales being suspended or resumed, tickets already ordered for purchase may not be changed or cancelled. Purchased tickets shall not be changed, cancelled, exchanged or refunded in such event.
E-ticket Issuance After Purchase
How to use E-ticket:
- A confirmation e-mail from the Official Ticketing portal will be sent after the payment was successfully made.
- All tickets will be displayed on email of the person who made the request for the tickets.
- All E-tickets include a unique QR-code which should be shown upon an entry to the venue.
- Please be sure to distribute your guests’ tickets before entering the venue. You can simply forward a
- Free Wi-Fi connection may not be stable at the venue, so please check the E-ticket(s) beforehand and ensure that the ticket(s) is displayed on the smartphone.
- Please do not forget to bring your charged smartphone with you!
- There will be 3 ticket categories available during the sales period of the World Aquatics Championships Doha 2024: categories 1, 2 and Multi-Session pass.
- Category 1 is the highest priced, located in prime areas within the venue.
- Category 2 are seating areas within the venue separate to the Category 1 area.
- Multi-Session pass is a category within Category 1 seats reserved for spectators who want to attend one or more sessions of a selected sport during one competition day. Pass holders may be requested to leave the venue and re-enter at the opening time of the next session.
- Should the Organising Committee detect, even after the purchase confirmation, any circumvention of the sales restrictions, Organising Committee reserves the right to cancel all tickets allocated to the ticket holder. If the Organising Committee cancels a ticket due to a breach of terms of ticket sales by the ticket applicant or any guest of the ticket applicant, the ticket applicant shall not be entitled to a refund or any other form of compensation.
- Please note that Organising Committee Ticketing determines the categorisation of each seat in the venue on session-by-session basis. This means that:
The ticket category may vary from session to session;
All ticket categories may include seats in different areas of the venue (such as upper and lower tiers);
The ticket categorisation remains unaffected by any conditions on session day, such as weather conditions; and
Ticket category boundaries may vary from session to session. Such differentiation is necessary to ensure that the maximum number of tickets can be made available to aquatics fans.
- Payments are accepted only through credit cards shown on the Official Ticketing portal.
- All ticket prices are in Qatari riyal.
- Payment methods are Credit cards, NAPS and iPay.
- During ticket sales period, ticket purchases are processed as a real-time transaction, i.e. available tickets will be allocated directly to the ticket purchasers. Customers will receive immediate confirmation of their successfully purchased tickets.
Ticket Transfer or Resale
- Transferring tickets for a fee without the consent of the official ticket promoter, reselling tickets, purchasing tickets for the purpose of resale, providing tickets to any third party who is attempting to resell them, or attempting to resell tickets through internet including auctions, flea markets, bulletin boards, and social media platforms are strictly prohibited.
- Tickets sold or offered for sale or advertised in violation of the preceding paragraph shall become void. In such case, the voided ticket shall not be exchanged or refunded.
- Unauthorised resale of tickets may be subject to criminal charges, and the Organising Committee may report any such resale, or any offer or advertisement thereof, to the police.
When the events are held as scheduled, tickets may be refunded 24 hours prior the competition. In the event that a person cannot attend an event due to travel restrictions from abroad, refund shall be made to such person with 24 hours prior the competition.
Customers should contact following number +97444661996 or write their request to [email protected] and wait for the official reply.
Please consider the following:
1) If the ticket is purchased using a debit card, the customer needs to contact directly with the respective bank and request for a charge back for which only the bank charges of 2.5% will be deducted from the total ticket price.
2) If the ticket is purchased using a credit card, the customer will be refunded from the official ticket provider - Q-Tickets within 5 working days post the approval from the event organiser. The bank charges of 2.5% will be deducted in this case as well.
Wheelchair users are requested to purchase Wheelchair User tickets. During qualification sessions, any person accompanying a wheelchair user can get a free companion ticket for the purpose of accompanying a wheelchair user. During the Opening Ceremony session and Swimming finals sessions, 50% discount applies for the companion tickets. Wheelchair users are requested to show their Proof of Eligibility document (a Medical Certificate) upon entering the venue, otherwise they may not be allowed to the event. To purchase wheelchair user tickets, please follow the regular process of purchasing tickets through the Official Ticketing portal available here.
Three venues – two indoor and one outdoor - were selected based on a combination of factors, including their ability to meet the technical requirements of each aquatic discipline, their reputation for hosting international events, and their capacity to provide a memorable experience for athletes and spectators.
Aspire Dome is credited as the world’s largest indoor multi-purpose dome, offering the highest quality facilities for multiple sports and international events. The total seating capacity of Aspire Dome is 15,500 across 13 separate multi-sport halls and it adjoins Aspire Academy. It will host Opening ceremony, Swimming, Artistic Swimming and Water Polo sports.
Designed to host and facilitate water sports, this facility spans five floors and can accommodate 4,500 spectators. The complex plays a pivotal role in promoting water sports in Qatar and is equipped with state-of-the-art broadcasting technology, audiovisual systems, fire prevention systems, as well as heating, ventilation, and water treatment facilities. It will host Diving sports sessions.
Located in the heart of Doha, with close connectivity to the city’s most prominent Souq waqif, museums and tourist attractions, Old Doha Port’s cruise terminal can currently accommodate mega cruise liners and luxury yachts. provides wide range of passenger facilities, including seamless immigration, customs, foreign exchange, taxi and bus stands, city bus tours as well as Qatar Duty Free, cafe, waiting areas for cruise passengers and staff. Open Water Swimming and High Diving will take place at this venue.
Please see below information on categories zoning per each venue.
- Aspire Dome
- Hamad Aquatic Centre
- Old Doha Port
Attending the Event
- Times of the venue opening, and the start of the event sessions are subject to change. Please note that the starting and conclusion times of the events may change depending on the day’s operation or for other reasons.
- Some seats may have obstructive views of the field of play and/or the scoreboards due to equipment and other items.
- Interfering with the progress of any event, watching any event outside of the designated areas and entering prohibited areas are strictly prohibited. For a list of prohibited acts, please refer to the official website or check at the venue.
- The Organising Committee is not responsible for any theft or loss of valuables, luggage or other personal belongings. Please keep your eyes on your personal belongings.
- Customers can leave their belongings that are prohibited to bring to the venue in the designated areas outside the venue.
- Eating and drinking are allowed in the spectators’ stands.
- Unmannerly acts to others and/or disobedience towards the event staff by ticket holders may lead to such ticket holders being asked to leave the venue. Tickets held by such ticket holders shall not be subject to a refund.
Venue Access, Re-entry and Exit
- Access to the venue and attending the events is only permitted upon presentation of a valid ticket with QR code from confirmation email to the venue staff at the entrance.
- For the Opening Ceremony and all sports final sessions, upon successful ticket check at the entry to the venue, customers will be distributed wristbands indicating information of their purchased tickets, such as category information and event details.
- Re-entry to the venues is allowed as long as customers can provide their E-ticket(s) with QR-code and/or wristbands distributed during the Opening Ceremony and all sports final sessions.
- Security inspections may be conducted on ticket holders and their personal belongings to ensure the safety of the events. Ticket holders should arrive at the venue well in advance of the event’s start time, considering the time required for such security inspections and for their travel to the venue.
- Tickets shall not be refunded for ticket holders arriving late at the venue for reasons other than those attributable to the Organising Committee, such as personal reasons or transportation delays.
- Ticket holders refusing security inspections may not enter the venue. They must leave the venue immediately if already in the venue. Tickets held by such ticket holders shall not be subject to refund by the Organising Committee.
- Hazardous materials are strictly prohibited at all times in the venue. In the event a ticket holder is found to be in possession of hazardous materials and/or other prohibited items at the venue, such items must be abandoned immediately or the ticket holder must leave the venue. Tickets held by such ticket holders shall not be subject to refund by the Organising Committee.
- For a list of hazardous materials, including notably, but not limited to weapons, explosives and poisons, and other prohibited items, please refer to the official website.
- Tickets must be presented for identity verification and/or for other checks when requested by the Organising Committee’s staff, venue staff, police officers or other staff related to the operation of the event. Ticket holders not complying with such request may be asked to leave the venue. Tickets held by such ticket holders shall not be subject to refund by the Organising Committee.
- Customers can use public transportation to access the venue. For access information, please check the official website.
- Please follow the link to get more information on legal terms and conditions.
FAQs and Customer Support
- Please access our FAQs page here if you have any ticketing related questions.
- For inquiries on tickets and other related matters in Doha, Qatar:
E-mail: [email protected]